Thursday, April 07, 2005

My New Favortie Song

[pui disclaimer]
Last week Big Ed's was closed for renovations. Back to business this week... we decided, after a days worth of email volleys, to forego a visit to the Globe Hotel/Bar/Restaurant and head straight to our rehearsal space and just fuckin' rock (my suggestion). We dusted off some old gems ("Nightingale", "Warm December", "Know" and "A Safer Hiding Place") before Charlie showed us a new song he'd hashed out during our hiatus. Actually, it began with me playing a rhythm on the drums that Charlie thought would work for a song he'd written. After all, we've got that sympatico, he and I. We've played together for over 25 years... we'd better have a chemistry by now. Anyway, the new song in question is called "Plastic" and it's my new favorite song. I think it's got an Afghan Whigs feel, but the other 75% of DP may disagree. We're off again next week, so hopefully it'll all come back to me/us when we get back together. Until then...

[/pui disclaimer]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home